If you’re an investor and looking for growth and profits, you know that one of the hottest growth industries of the last few years is cannabis.
Recently, the Government of Canada announced that sale of recreational cannabis will be legal in 2018. A number of US states have already legalized both recreational and medical cannabis use, with many more to follow in the coming months/years. Legalization of recreational cannabis is a major catalyst for the marijuana industry and is an item that analysts all over the world are expecting within the next few years.
Quick highlights of the US market:
- In 2016, sales of legal cannabis reached $6.5 billion in the US (Greenwave Advisors)
- Industry sales may reach $50 billion by 2027 once recreational cannabis is legalized (Bloomberg)
- Quick math: that’s nearly 25% annual growth
Quick highlights of the Canadian market:
- In 2017, sales of legal cannabis exceeded $5.5 billion in Canada (Parliamentary Budget Officer)
- On July 1 2018, Canada will begin legal sales of recreational cannabis—a $5 to $9 billion industry (Deloitte).
So the question is not “Should I invest in the marijuana industry”, but rather” Where within the marijuana industry should I invest?”
One of the companies we like very much is DOJA. And we have a few key reasons why:
- CEO of DOJA was the former CEO and Founder of SAXX Underwear, one of the fastest growing premium men’s underwear brands in North America
- DOJA is capable of producing 660 kilograms ($7.9 million in sales) annually and has a market cap of $30 million. This pegs the company at an extremely low P/S ratio of 3.8 compared to the marijuana industry average of 15 (and as high as 25).
- DOJA is focused on building a cannabis lifestyle brand, not just another “me-too” cannabis production company.
DOJA is a licensed producer under the ACMPR located in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and trades on the CSE under the 4-ticker symbol “DOJA”. Currently there are only 50 companies licensed under the ACMPR in Canada, held by 40 separate companies. They are in the process of producing their first harvest so stay tuned.